11 Mar 2012 - 9:19:36 PM
I feel a little bad for Upright Brewing because it seemed like my taste buds hit the wall at this point, kind of like beer tasting fatigue. Oh well. Maybe I'll give them another shot next time I'm in Portland.
- Seven - Saison. Lemony aroma. Interesting flavor: kind of sweet, not very malty, somewhat bitter.
- Scotch Ale - Nice maltiness, nice bitterness. Pretty crisp, too.
- Four - Saison. Bitter, bready, astringent.
- Five - Pale Ale. Floral aroma. Hoppy, not much of a pale.
- Six - Rye. Sweet but hoppy. Kind of bock-like, but not bad.
- Engelberg Pils - Pretty light, but still interesting. Wouldn't want a whole pint, though.
Upright Brewing sampler set -- Portland, OR
This was the last brewery on the tour. I said goodbye to the rest of the folks who headed off across the bridge to the train station. Then the hail started. Doh! Fortunately for me, I had a warm dry car ride to Robert and his wife's house.