10 Mar 2012 - 12:10:03 AM
Robert, Morgan, and I lingered at Fire on the Mountain after the others set off on foot to Breakside Brewery, but they had already arrived and ordered a few beers and free samples by the time Robert dropped off the two of us (he had a few things to do other than hang out and drink -- weird). So I spent some time playing catch-up with the beers on the table and giving the glad eye to one of the waitresses, but she never even looked my way.
Breakside has a cool space: two levels, lots of light, modern feel. Nice neighborhood brewpub.
- Hoppy Amber - 5.5% - Hoppy aroma. Great citrus hoppy bit and good malty base.
- Aztec - 9.4% - Nice amber color. Great spicy maltiness and good alcohol edge.
- Alanbier - 8.2% - Nice brown with slight nuttiness. Good body and dryness.
- Dry Stout - 4.7% - Good chocolatey aroma. Very dry, but kind of watery. Flavors are kind of weak.
- BLT Gose - 4.6% - Watery, bready, slightly lemony. Odd.
- Triple - 9.1% - Slow start to sweet caramel finish. Doesn't taste strong. Not the usual tripel, not too sharp.
- American Wheat - Kinda blah. [Not the best tasting notes, I know...]
Papa beer and baby beers at Breakside Brewery -- Portland, OR
What else to say? Only three more Portland brewery posts to go -- can't wait till I'm all caught up!